Open Call for the Hurleyville Maker’s Lab Artist in Residence Program.
The Artist Residency is a 1 to 3 month, extendable, residency at the Hurleyville Maker’s Lab, 202 Main Street, in Hurleyville. It is open to emerging and established artists working in any medium. This residency provides a housing and work space, free membership to the Hurleyville Maker’s Lab, which offers a state of the art computer lab, 3D printers, Wood Shop, Metal Shop, CNC router and more, as well as access to fiber arts and ceramics. It is a rolling submission.
- Propose a project during the residency period.
- Volunteer 4 hours per week at the Maker’s Lab.
- Host 1-3 open studios (depending on residency length)
- Host a Skill Share workshop related to your project/medium
- Present the work publicly at the end of the residency (Presentation / Exhibition)
- Preference will go to artists with a public or retail component on Main Street.
- Merit of past work
- Readiness to engage with and benefit from the resources at the Maker’s Lab
- Potential to engage with and positively impact the local community
- Ability/Availability to be on-site during their projects development.
Applications are reviewed by a jury of knowledgeable and esteemed professionals who will evaluate each artist’s materials. Finalists will be invited to present their work in a 20-minute, in-person interview and will take a tour of the facilities. We are eager and open to hear your proposals and are ready to work with you to meet your needs.
- Contact info: Name, Email, Website and Address
- Indicate preferred residency length (1 to 3 months)
- Indicate your areas of focus / artistic medium
- Supply name, phone # and email of two, non relative references. (Reference letter not required)
- Submit short biography of approximately 50 words.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose explaining what you wish to accomplish during Residency (500 word max.)
- Submit 1 PDF with up to 6 images of your work (5MB max) and link to video if applicable (5min. max). Label files with your name For example JaneDoe_images.
Email information to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HML AIR – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.